Morris -

Morris presented to AEC after having a severe allergic reaction to a bee sting. Many owners are not aware that some bee species are still active at night, often located on ground level vegetation that curious dogs can reach. Reactions vary from the development of ‘hives,’ localised swelling (usually the face), sudden onset limping (if the sting is on a paw) to full anaphylaxis and shock. 

If you think your dog has been stung, try to remove the stinger where possible. It is important in the case of a moderate to severe reaction to seek veterinary attention for your pet. We are happy to report that Morris received medication to reverse his reaction and made a full recovery.

< Back